      From: Cory Newby
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2007 9:18 PM
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] Artillery Question

      I love the new Antietam web site, but those bottom-of-the-page factoids are not always accurate. This is a cut-and-paste from one seen today:

      William McKinley served at Antietam as a Commissary Sergeant in the
      23rd Ohio Infantry before becoming the nation's 24th President. A
      monument to him at Antietam was dedicated in his memory on October 13,
      1903, two years after he was assisinated.

      Unfortunately, McKinley was the 25th President and "assassinated" is mis-spelled.

      Cory Newby

      Visit Your Group
      a.. Civil war
      b.. American civil war