3201Re: [TalkAntietam] Scalawag

  • T.R.Livesey
    Jan 6, 2007
      If I may interject, your clue here was "by definition":

      Main Entry: scal·a·wag
      Variant(s): or scal·ly·wag /'ska-li-"wag/
      Function: noun
      Etymology: origin unknown
      1 : SCAMP, REPROBATE
      2 : a white Southerner acting in support of the reconstruction governments after
      the American Civil War often for private gain

      T.R. Livesey
      tlivesey@...

      On Sat Jan 6 12:07 , 'G E Mayers' <gerry1952@...> sent:

      >Dear Richard,
      >
      >Please kindly enlighten the rest of us on the differences between a
      >Scalawag etc.
      >
      >Yr. Obt. Svt.
      >G E "Gerry" Mayers
      >
      >To Be A Virginian, either by birth, marriage, adoption, or even on
      >one's mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a
      >passport to any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty
      >God. --Anonymous
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic