3177Antietam trip report from 12-28-2006

  • Tom Shay
    Dec 29, 2006
      Yesterday, I spent a grand day trekking the fields of Antietam. I took plenty of photos and will start placing them on my CWRT website.

      For starters, you can view this URL:

      I was given a copy of the new park brochure, which looks great. I reported a few spelling errors to NPS, so hopefully they will be corrected prior to final printings.

      There are two new trails under development. First new one is along south edge of West Woods. They have cleared the old wagon trail that ran from the pike to Locher Farm.

      The other new trail is on east side of Burnside Bridge. Rangers were using GPS to lay it out yesterday. Both new trails will be detailed in forthcoming brochures, which will be available for minimal fee in Spring 2007.

      I'll advise when more photos have been placed on the website.

      Tom Shay - Cressona, PA