3172Research help requested

  • Scott Mingus
    Dec 13, 2006
      Due to the great feedback on my new "Human Interest Stories of the
      Gettysburg Campaign," (amazon.com), I am 75% of the way completed
      with its companion volume, "Antietam Anecdotes: Human Interest
      Stories of the Maryland Campaign." This latter work will be around
      100 pages with a vast collection of stories, anecdotes, and snippets
      culled and collected from a wide array of primary sources.

      What I am asking is that if any of you have access to primary
      accounts from the campaign that you think are worthy of inclusion,
      please contact me off-line at scottmingus@.... I am primarily
      interested in humorous incidents or unusual occurrences that are
      documented by eyewitnesses and are from sources prior to 1920 (in
      other words, materials that are out of copyright and can be reused or
      edited freely into my writing style).

      Feel free point me to any leads you may have, as it occurred to me
      that this august body would have access to even more material than I
      do alone.

      Thanks in advance for your consideration of this Antietam request.

      Scott Mingus
      York, Pennsylvania
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic