3112"Gone With the Wind" Benefit at Maryland Theater in Hagerstown

  • jeffcowvplanning
    Oct 10, 2006
      Greetings everyone...

      Forgive the formality of the following information, but I cut and
      pasted it from an email.

      On December 2, we will be having a fundraising benefit to help
      restore the spar deck armament of the historic warship USS
      Constellation. The event will be held at the Maryland Theater in
      downtown Hagerstown, MD.

      The show will consist of a concert by the 28th Pennsylvania
      Regimental Band, followed by a showing on the big screen of "Gone
      With the Wind".

      The 28th PA Band is a recreated military band that wears Union army
      uniforms and plays period music on period brass instruments. They
      are featured in the soundtrack of the movie "Gods and Generals".

      Following the band, the David O. Selznick classic starring Clark
      Gable and Vivian Leigh will be shown on the big screen in this
      historic 1915 theater. Where else can you see GWTW in a theater
      where it could have been shown during its premier release in 1939?

      Tickets are $25 (consult your tax advisor regarding how much is tax
      deductible). All proceeds benefit the spar deck restoration on the
      ship (including the purchase and installation of a 30-pounder Naval
      Parrott Rifle!)

      To purchase tickets, visit the theater's website at www.mdtheatre.org
      where they can be purchased online, or by phoning the theater box
      office at 301-790-3500.

      STAGE BOXES: The Maryland Theater has stage boxes like Fords
      Theater. Boxes are reserved for patrons willng to attend in period
      attire to add flavor to the stage environment. Ticket price is the
      same ($25). To purchase box tickets, contact me (Steve Bockmiller)
      at 301-371-6311 or email me at DeBockster@... These tickets are
      first come-first served. There are 10 boxes. 2 are already sold.
      Boxes seat 4 and 6. Individual seats in boxes will be sold. You
      need not purchase the entire box, but period attire is required to
      sit in the boxes.

      CORPORATE SPONSORSHIPS AND PROGRAM ADS: We are currently seeking
      corporate sponsorship in the amount of $4000 to underwrite the
      production cost of this event. We have a whole package of benefits
      and incentives for a sole sponsor willing to step up to the plate,
      including free use of the USS Constellation for a party or corporate
      event (catering extra....rental is waived). However, we will be
      happy to accept smaller corporate sponsorships for portions of this
      $4000 amount. We plan to sell full page advertisements in the
      event program for $250 each. For more information on corporate
      sponsorships and program ads, contact Steve Bockmiller at
      DeBockster@... or 301-371-6311.

      SPREAD THE WORD: Please assist us spreading the word of this event,
      so we can sell all 1300 tickets. If you belong to a group that has a
      newsletter (CWRT, SCV, SUV, historical society, reenactment group,
      etc.), please post this event in the "upcoming events" section of
      your newsletter. Any and all help along these lines would be much
      appreciated.

      Thank you for your time and consideration. Hope all is well with
      everyone.

      Steve Bockmiller
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic