3095Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam NPS website redesigned

  • Cory Cory
    Aug 26, 2006
      One of the exciting things about the newly designed site are the availability of new photographs which I have not seen before. One specifically has caught my eye and raised a question:

      The photograph on the first row, second from the left entitled "Bloody Lane" depicts a man or a boy on the lane with what looks to be a structure in the background just beyond the perpendicular lane leading to the Roulette Farm. I have never seen this structure on the lane before. Is anyone familiar with this structure? None of my readings revealed its presence during the battle. Was it constructed after the war?

      Thanks in advance.

      Cory Newby

      RoteBaron@... wrote: Antietam NPS website has been redesigned. Take a look via: http://www.nps.gov/anti/

      On that website, there is a link to a PDF file for the anniversary hikes, but that file is not on the server (at this time). I did note there is a file at
      http://www.nps.gov/anti/planyourvisit/upload/Hikes06.pdf which contains the anniversary hikes schedule. I hope that's not the final edition, as it's rather generic and doesn't offer any of the unusual hikes we've come to expect for the anniversary.

      I tried sending an email to NPS via the webpage's link, but got a security error.