3022Re: re Battlefield off beaten path sites and question

  • susansevier2003
    May 30, 2006
      After I posted my first message about Schell, I noticed John M. Priest
      includes this incident in his Antietam book. Priest says that Frank
      Schell sketched the wounded Confederate and his dead father shortly
      after the artist "crossed the left of the 21 Georgia's former line"
      (page 167). The 21st GA, part of Trimble's [Walker's] brigade, had
      been sent forward to shore up Lawton and Ripley's line between Mumma's
      lane and the Cornfield.

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com> , "Thomas Clemens" <clemenst@...>