296Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Article about Hoods Texans

    Aug 27, 2001
      David,

      If you have read Mike Priest's book on the battle, IIRC, the area
      of The Cornfield has already been trampled down due to the
      attacks and counter attacks back and forth through "the corn".
      There probably would have been some areas in which more of the
      corn would have been standing than others. The famous painting
      about the charge of the First Texas in The Cornfield done by
      Troiani comes to mind. Perhaps that might give you an idea, as
      Don Troiani is very meticulous about the details in his
      paintings.

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",