2894Re: [TalkAntietam] 8th Georgia

    Apr 12, 2006
      That's kind of you to say, but I think kudos should go out to ALL the
      good folks who do tours out there. I just booked a tour for a man who
      has adopted a 'Little Brother' in Ohio and is bringing this kid here
      for a tour. This young man has severe disabilities, yet the first guide
      I asked to take the tour jumped at the chance. The man who 'adopted'
      him and this guide are the folks you should admire.

      Also, those rangers at the park. Talk about unsung heroes. I know we
      have all been disappointed by the small offering of ranger tours this
      spring. It might be a good thing if some of you were to, in the
      kindest, most gentle, most supportive manner, drop a note to the park
      and express your interest in having more ranger tours.

      Stephen

      On Wednesday, April 12, 2006, at 10:53 AM, <richard@...> wrote:

      > I admire you! What you are doing is so critically important, and so
      > seldom
      > done -- or, at least, so seldom done well. If history doesn't
      > inspire, then
      > it serves little useful purpose. Tell the stories of the heroes of
      > old to
      > the youth of today, and this, in the tradition of the tribal campfire,
      > is
      > how the culture and mores and values of a nation carry on. I never
      > refuse
      > an opportunity to speak in a classroom -- 5th grade to college. It is
      > why I
      > do what I do. Keep it up!
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic