2849WMIA - was:Antietam part of History Channel series

    Apr 4, 2006
      I'm not Tom, but I know a little about the WMIA. They are the park
      non-profit. They run the bookstore and the private guide service at the
      visitor center. They donate all of their profits to the park, which
      adds up to big bucks. They also administer the preservation
      fund-raising efforts such as adopt-a-cannon and the adopt-a-monument
      program on virtualantietam.com.

      The adopt-a-monument program is actually quite cool. Go to
      http://www.virtualantietam.com and search for a monument, such as the
      Maryland State monument. At the bottom of the detail page there is a
      list of names of donors that have paid to have their dedication listed
      there. They actually have some folks who have endowed monuments through
      this program. It's turning into a money-maker for the park preservation
      program.

      Stephen

      On Tuesday, April 4, 2006, at 08:45 AM, G E Mayers wrote:

      > Tom;
      >
      > What is Antietam Partners? What do they do to help the ANBP?
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic