2748Re: Volunteers needed to clean Antietam battlefield

  • Scott Hann
    Mar 3 7:40 AM
      If I can get the day off from work I'd gladly volunteer.

      Scott

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, rotbaron@... wrote:

      > From today's Hagerstown Herald-Mail...
      >
      > Volunteers needed for day of cleaning, restoring battlefield
      >
      > SHARPSBURG - Antietam National Battlefield will be among 80
      historic sites in 24 states to benefit from a volunteer effort
      Saturday, April 1, from 9 a.m. until noon. The Civil War
      Preservation Trust is recruiting volunteers to help clean and
      restore historic battlefields, cemeteries and shrines.

      > The one-day effort is being called Park Day. Volunteers are
      needed to clean up trails and stream banks, remove cedar seedlings
      and assist with other restoration projects. Battlefield staff will
      provide any needed equipment.

      > Volunteers are asked to dress for the weather, bring a water
      bottle and gloves, and wear sturdy shoes or boots. Volunteers will
      meet at the battlefield Visitor Center. In the event of bad
      weather, the effort will be Saturday, April 8.