2725RE: [TalkAntietam] Coddington of Antietam

    Feb 28, 2006
      Agreed, Scott Hartwig is doing a wonderful job and may indeed set the
      standard for decades to come. Until then, I recommend Carman's
      manuscript, which is not without its flaws, but provided the basis for
      Murfin's work, and Carman had access to Gould's papers, which provided
      the sources for a lot of Sears' work. Harsh of course used it
      extensively, as does Hartwig. Whatever editing I do will not add much
      to Carman, but more explain how and why he wrote what he did, as much as
      it can be ascertained from this point in time.