2430Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: AoP Cavalry on Maryland Campaign

    Jan 8, 2006
      Good questions Harry!

      1. IIRC, Hill's force was ID'd by the US Signals from their signal station
      closest to Burnside due to their having very high quality optics and also, I
      would imagine they saw the column marching up the HF Ferry Road flying
      Virginia and Confederate flags. (Will have to check sources on that one!)

      2. Will have to check sources on this one, but IIRC, he was so informed by
      Halleck. (Maybe Tom Clemens can help with this one as well as Question 1.)

      3. Let me check sources including Harsh TATF on this. (Another good Tom
      Clemens question!)

      Very respectfully,

      to preserve it, save that of honour."