2419Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: AoP Cavalry on Maryland Campaign

    Jan 4, 2006
      Brian,

      What you said about Grimes Davis is correct......He got through the
      Sharpsburg area, IIRC, only by going across country and even then, had some
      close calls with Confederate patrols.

      As for Pleasanton? IIRC, he could have swung wide down to Berlin and over,
      but I would have to look at a map.

      I thought Franklin was supposed to punch through the Confederate lines once
      he went through Crampton's Gap to relieve HF.

      Very respectfully,

      to preserve it, save that of honour."