2403Re: Confederate Signal Stations: local geography and map comment request

  • jeffcowvplanning
    Dec 5, 2005
      Roommates:

      Speaking about signal towers...does anyone have any documentation
      regarding whether it was the Lutheran or the Reformed Church that was
      used by the AotP in Middletown during the 1862, 63 and 64 campaigns?

      I speculate that it was the Reformed church...as it sat on higher
      ground, and wasn't initially being used as a hospital by the Medical
      Department like the Lutheran Church was.

      But...this is speculation...I have not found a shred of documentation
      one way or the other.

      Anybody have any smoking guns for me on this question?

      Thanks.
      Steve Bockmiller
    • Show all 35 messages in this topic