238Re: [TalkAntietam] RE: Weverton Pass

  • Curt
    Jun 30, 2001
      Weverton Cliffs is at the southern terminus of South Mtn., on the
      Potomac near Knoxville, Md. Short Hill Mtn., Va., is opposite in
      Loudoun Cty. It is certainly an approach to Pleasant Valley and
      Maryland Heights, just as is Crampton's Gap to the north.

      Curt Johnson
      McLean, Va.

      James Rose wrote:

      > Teej,
      >
      > I'm looking at a map of the area (West Point Atlas) and I don't see a
      > Weverton Pass.
      >
      > Jim Rose
      >
      > Teej Smith wrote:
      >
      > > Afternoon All,
      > >
      > > A couple of weeks ago a I picked up a very old book titled _ History of
      > > the Army of the Potomac _ written in 1893 by J. H. Stine. He spends some
      > > time talking about Weverton Pass, located near the Potomac, it afforded
      > > another approach to Maryland Heights.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic