2286Re: [TalkAntietam] Final Attack Trail officially opens in Sept

    Aug 30 7:55 AM
      I had the pleasure of walking the new tour recently with one of the
      rangers. It starts at the Burnside Bridge parking lot and heads due
      West in a bit of a zig-zag towards the 11th Ohio monument. From there
      it heads toward the 16th CT and then in a big loop back towards the
      12th Ohio, north on the Otto Lane about 50 yards and then East though
      the fields back to the parking lot.

      It doesn't go down to the trail to follow the advance of Rodman - the
      route I believe Harry is referring to. That was a really fun walk. We
      had to push our way through the bushes. It was exciting being on such
      virgin ground. Last time I was down there, though, I believe I saw that
      Rodman's path has been carved out through the woods. Those NPS folks
      are very busy down there. Many kudos.

      Stephen

      On Tuesday, August 30, 2005, at 10:37 AM, Jeff Beckner ((PWC Magazine))
      wrote:

      > Excellent. If it's 1.7 miles, does it start at the river?
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic