2155McClellan has the 'fasts'

    Jul 9, 2005
      I started reading Rafuses' new McClellan book and must say I am
      enjoying it. It is almost as if he is taking a contrarian view toward
      every negative story about Mac in the Maryland Campaign.

      Having just read Harsh's 'Taken at the Flood' for a second time, it is
      refreshing now to read the Maryland Campaign from where Mac stood. The
      strange thing, though, is that although Rafuse borrows liberally from
      Harsh, the story about Mac seems completely different. It is although
      Rafuse's Mac is a bulldozer, relentlessly running after the fleeing
      Confederates. Sure makes for gripping reading.

      Stephen Recker
    • Show all 90 messages in this topic