1961Re: [TalkAntietam] Brian Pohanka Sad News

  • Brian Morris
    May 4, 2005
      I don't know Brian Pohanka personally (I have met the man only briefly on
      one occasion) but from my understanding he has been fighting a long term
      battle with cancer. As many of you know Brian Pohanka is most well known for
      his time as a commentator on the History Channel show Civil War Journal. His
      contributions to the civil war community are to numerous to list but span
      everything from the literary world to battlefield preservation,
      re-enactment, lecturing and even adviser on such films as Gettysburg and
      Cold Mountain.

      Brian

      > Dear Brian,
      >
      > This is the first I had heard Brian was so ill. What is wrong with him and
      > how close is he to finally tramping the fields with the boys?
      >
      > Very respectfully,
      > G E "Gerry" Mayers
      > Confederate Signal Corps,
      > Longstreet's Corps