1914Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Suggestions for Antietam historian? part II

    Apr 14, 2005
      There is a great book called "When Lincoln Died" that is simply a group
      of great photographs related to his assassination, plus a running
      narrative of first-hand, eye-witness quotes. It tells the whole story
      through they eyes of those that were there.

      To do a book like Frassanito would be great, but an immense amount of
      work, research-wise. Certainly, putting together a coherent narrative
      from contemporary sources would be a great task, but nothing like
      putting together a photo-history of the battle - wow!

      Stephen Recker

      On Thursday, April 14, 2005, at 07:13 AM, Darin Boville wrote:

      > In my original conception of the book I had thought to include a page
      > of text facing every photo (about eighty pages, or perhaps fewer if
      > each text page preceded more than one image). The text would in some
      > way interact with the image and encourage greater contemplation of it.
      > I dropped the idea when I thought it would be too much for me to handle
      > (this was in the middle of shooting the negatives and I had time for
      > little else).
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic