      From: darinb20855 [mailto:darin@...]
      Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 3:47 PM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Suggestions for Antietam historian?

      Hello all,

      A while back I posted a few of my Antietam photographs. Now I'm preparing a
      detailed proposal for a publisher. I plan on including a
      forward/introduction to the
      book written by a historian or other expert on the battle.

      I have my short list of people I'd love to have as author--I thought it
      would be
      valuable to get your input--I'd love to see your suggestions.

      Who do you think would make a "perfect" author for my introduction?

      My requirements are as follows: 1) A detailed understanding of the battle
      and its
      larger importance in US history; 2) The ablity to write eloquently; 3) For
      lack of a
      better term, a "feeling" for the landscape of the battlefield.

      Fame a plus but not critical. The person need not be a traditional historian
      expert (for example, a non-fiction writer with a special interest in
      Antietam might

      Your thoughts? (or e-mail directly if you prefer)