1882Re: [TalkAntietam] Hagerstown Fence

    Apr 7, 2005
      That makes sense, no poles or wires in any Garner photos. We were on
      the verge of a fund-raising project to do that when Allegany Power went
      into financial turmoil and pulled out of the project. John Howard has
      some funds allocated in a few years, and I would LOVE to start a
      public/private match to fund their removal. It is pricey, about 1K per
      foot! But worth every penny.
      Would be very cool.
      Tom Clemens

      >>> recker@... 4/7/2005 10:03:33 AM >>>

      Tom,

      Actually, I was no doubt thinking of the photos I have seen from later

      in that century. I know of no accounts of telegraph lines being there
      at the time of the battle.

      I agree it would be money well spent removing those phone lines. I have

      spent many hours airbrushing them out of photos.