1877Re: [TalkAntietam] Hagerstown Fence

    Apr 7, 2005

      Actually, I was no doubt thinking of the photos I have seen from later
      in that century. I know of no accounts of telegraph lines being there
      at the time of the battle.

      I agree it would be money well spent removing those phone lines. I have
      spent many hours airbrushing them out of photos.

      Stephen

      On Thursday, April 7, 2005, at 09:42 AM, Thomas Clemens wrote:

      > And it is still my dream to one day remove all those ugly power lines
      > through the heart of the fighting area. Steve, are you sure Sharpsburg
      > had telegraph lines in 1862? I have never seen any record of them
      > existing, but on the other hand, that doesn't mean they didn't. My
      > thought was that telegraph lines connected larger towns like
      > Hagerstown,
      > not farming communities like Sharpsburg. It would be fun to look at
      > it.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic