1731Re: [TalkAntietam] Grafitti by Monument

  • Teej Smith
    Mar 3 3:38 PM
      Harry Smeltzer wrote:

      <Snip>

      > BTW, the sculptor is not the only person to ignore Lee's injuries at the
      > time. Some famous chroniclers of the battle have made the same mistake,
      > with the attendant mistakes resulting from that ignorance - for instance,
      > lending any credence to Walkers cockamamie account.

      I have a copy of a letter written by Lee in Oct. 1862 to Markie Williams
      in which he tells her one of his hands was still giving him problems and so
      he was still using a sling.

      Regards,
      Teej

    • Show all 49 messages in this topic