1692Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam authors

    Feb 25, 2005
      I reviewed it for somebody a while back. his facts are generally OK, but there were a few inaccuracies. His tone bothered me more than his details. The whittling down of CS numbers to make the comparison to the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae is facile, and the whole analogy a bit over the top.
      Tom Clemens

      >>> rotbaron@... 2/25/2005 11:21:54 AM >>>

      <<Any assessment of Tucker's book?

      I pulled out the Antietam Monuments book last night (Charles Adams). I had forgotten how much info was in it. Having the text from the monuments and markers is a great help.

      I see Scott Hartwig spoke last night at Gettysburg CWRT. Topic was "MD Campaign and Antietam". Sure would be nice to have that in-progress tactical study of Antietam from him!

      Tom Shay

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      To visit your group on the web, go to: