1671Re: [TalkAntietam] Entrance Fee Increase at Antietam Battlefield

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Feb 18, 2005
      In a message dated 2/18/05 10:08:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      gerry1952@... writes:
      Good information to know! How are your eyes progressing?
      Greetings, Gerry!

      Even with the fee increase, Antietam offers the best return for such a small
      sum! You get to stomp over such hallowed ground, participate in tours and
      other NPS events, etc. When I think of the amount that I spend on gas, food, and
      lodging during trips to Antietam, the entrance fee is a paltrey sum.

      As for my eyes, they have stabilized (I think). The floaters have decreased
      and I await another exam this Spring.

      The best part is that I am back to reading at my normal pace. I'm re-reading
      the Carman manuscript (printed from Sid Meier's CD) and printing maps from the
      Antietam/NIMA CD to enhance my study.

      Several months ago, I had posted the pics about The Ledge (from my September
      trip). I still need to post photos and comments about my stomping around the
      40-acre Cornfield.

      Tom Shay - Cressona, PA