      From: James2044
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 1:45 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: 90th Pa monument

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "robert blama" <civilwar1@c...>
      wrote:
      > Not sure I agree that monuments are graffiti. Since there are many
      more causal people visiting the battlefields than the buffs, some
      type of interpretation is needed for them to understand. A lot of
      the monuments at Gettysburg tell a story (through their dedication)
      of the role of the rgt in the battle that we might not have
      otherwise. Also they tell of obscure incidents which are might
      never had been told (like Sally of the 11th Pa)

      This is the aurgement the PC crwod at NPS is using to make the
      NBPs "more inclusive". It isn't good history, it destroyes the NBP
      as left by the men who fought there and it isn't proven to increase
      attendence. IMO, "obscure incidents" is PC speak for adding an EEOC
      where none existed.

      James2044

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor