145690th Pa monument

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Jul 16, 2004
      Well, with all this talk of being against new monuments, I hope folks don't put the 90th Pa monument in that category. The monument which will be dedicated at 12:30 on Sept 18th is a replacement for the original monument placed on the battlefield by the veterans themselves.
      I know some folks are against any monuments, but in my opinion, if the veterans put them there - the monuments are as much a part of the battlefield as anything else. It is part of the history and the reason for saving these battlefields. The monuments are a concrete expression of how the veterans felt and remembered the land that they risk their all.
      Paula