1348Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Books in my Library

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    May 1, 2004
      tjreesecg@... writes:
      In your bibliographical listing below you cite a Crampton's Gap book
      (mine) with "occasional errors." If legitimate, it would be helpful
      to know what these are so I can address them. Please specify.
      Mr. Reese, it is indeed an honor to correspond with you. It has been about 18
      months since I read your book and it may take a little time for me to locate
      the points upon which I found dispute. I recall Mark Majors helped you with
      your data about the 96th PA. Mark is a great resource on that regiment and you
      did well by utilizing his assistance. I shall try to revisit the subject as
      soon as time permits. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed your book and thought it a
      great micro-history of the actions surrounding Crampton's Gap. The only other
      resource I found useful has been the Blue & Gray issue on the battle. Hopefully I
      marked the text which I found disputable.

      My thanks for being a member of this group. Your recent comments and info
      about the South Mtn battlefield have caused me and others unexpected concern
      regarding it's future. Keep us informed as events warrant.

      Tom Shay - Cressona, PA (Schuylkill County)