1339Re: Reenactment?

  • tjrhys62
    Apr 30 5:48 AM
      Thanks for the heads-up, Gerry. Figured something big had to be
      going on in Virginia from Wilderness to Petersburg.

      For anyone interested, the minor affair here at Burkittsville can be
      accessed at http://www.burkittsville1862.com/. This is a repeat of
      three years ago and may have run into a few snags depending upon who
      you talk to.

      None of the principals seem all that enthusiastic, the town has
      yawned thus far, and the property owner is a bit vexed that earlier
      proceeds didn't go to preservation. The state park service isn't
      involved this time around. Scuttlebutt has it that the jury is out
      on whether or not it will come off. Way too early to tell.

      Tim

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "NJ Rebel" <gerry1952@f...>

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic