      From: tjrhys62 [mailto:tjreesecg@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 3:59 PM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: South Mountain

      Richard,

      Your South Mountain question seems to have resurrected naïve
      assumptions about cooperative, incongruent battlefield ownership,
      its purported preservation, and the likelihood of achieving any
      symbiosis toward accessible park status. Complex questions require
      far more than simple answers, given the disparate groups involved
      possessed of wholly divergent if not incompatible objectives. Pay no
      attention to that man behind the curtain.

      Instead may I direct your attention to http://cwbn.blogspot.com/ for
      insightful investigation into the matter, postings for 3/5, 3/10,
      3/12, 3/16. This is an intermittent thread which you will easily
      pick up, a welcome breath of candor.

      Also, if you seek honest definition of "South Mountain"
      battlefields, and the political chicanery at work behind the scenes,
      have a look at http://home.earthlink.net/~tjreesecg/id6.html. All is
      not as it appears.

      Having waded through all this, then see http://mlis.state.md.us/PDF-
      Documents/2000rs/bills/hb/hb1183t.pdf for the official language of
      what South Mountain "Fake" Battlefield is and is not. It's icing
      without a cake which children naturally prefer.

      While the kiddies play, the house burns. Santa can't get down this
      chimney.

      Tim