1299Re: [TalkAntietam] fault for antietam???

  • rchurch@qis.net
    Mar 29, 2004
      Greetings Justin and all,

      The idea of fault is an interesting one. It depends in large degree on how
      broad a brush you use to paint it. It seems to me that in the very broadest
      context of the word, the "fault" for Antietam would be with one person Robt. E.
      Lee. If a considerably finer brush is used, Burnside could rightly be
      criticized for his conduct at the bridge and immediately following the
      crossing. But to expand that "fault" and try to pin the blame for Mac's not
      obtaining an even more decisive victory on him, I don't think is justified.

      Ron Church
      Manchester MD
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic