1237Re: [TalkAntietam] Accomadations

  • Oliver Gamble
    Feb 8, 2004
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Brian Morris
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2004 12:59 PM
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] Accomadations

      You might try staying in Gettysburg. It's only a 30-45 minute drive from
      Antietam and has plenty of nice places to stay. Many more than in the
      immediate area of Antietam. I highly recommend the Travelodge. The advantage
      to Gettysburg is your wife will have lots of not Civil War type options to
      enjoy.

      I had a problem similar to yours last year. My wife and I spent 3 days in
      Gettysburg and she could care less about the Civil War. However if you stay
      in Gettysburg there are many non Civil War type activities she can do. She
      can take a tour of Washington DC. They have really nice bus tours so she
      doesn't even have to drive. She could tour the Eisenhower farm. There are
      many nice antique shops in the Gettysburg area. She could drive to Baltimore
      (52 miles) and see National Aquarium (My wife loved it).

      Hope that helps with some ideas.

      Brian

      Hagerstown Maryland has as many nice motels as Gettysburg, is only 10 minutes from antietam, is much closer to Baltimore and/or Washington. In other words a much better place to stay than Gettysburg.

      O.G.