1111Re: [TalkAntietam] Hartwig's talk on Iron Brigade

    Feb 7, 2003

      Great post about Scott's talk. However, the time of when the
      Iron Brigade began advancing seems a little odd to me,
      particularly when most accounts state the Federal advance
      began at first light, which would be between 5.30 and 6.00
      am.... South Mountain is the largest geographical block to
      the sun in the morning in that area, as you well know.

      Very respectfully,
      Your humble and obdt. servant,
      G. E. (Gerry) Mayers,
      Nelson's Signal Company,
      Longstreet's Corps

      "I know of no fitter resting-place for a soldier than the
      field on which he has nobly laid down his
      ." --General Robert Edward Lee

      Explore some little known facts of the War of the Rebellion!
      The current feature may be found at
      To see earlier articles, kindly go to:
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic