1104Re: [TalkAntietam] Hartwig's talk on Iron Brigade

  • Tom Clemens
    Feb 5, 2003
      Tom,
      Scott is indeed writing a multi-volume work on the Maryland Campaign and
      some of the Eastern PA folks have read drafts. I have sent him some
      stuff and heard bits and pieces of his thoughts. It will be very good.
      It will be a nice complement to Joe Harsh's books because Scott will
      focus on operational and tactical issues more that Joe does, and less on
      strategy. I know he has re-thought some things after seeing Joe's
      books, but is not intimidated by them.
      Also, he is aware of my work and agrees with the conclusions. That was
      part ofthe reason I wrote teh teasing message a while back.
      BTW, I was in Milwaukee a few weeks ago to speak to the CWRT there. I
      sat next to a man whose father was in the Iron Brigade of the West, and
      Lance Herdigan personally presented me with a pin making me an honorary
      member of the Iron Brigade Society. He had a smile so big you could
      barely see his shoes!
      Tom Clemens