      From: "Anthony W Turner" <awturner@...>
      To: <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 4:58 PM
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] 51st GA (Drayton's Brigade)

      Scott…
      My Guild Press OR appears to list no OOB with the name of the commander
      of the 51st Georgia. However, if you check Special Order No. 27 on
      <ar20_491>, you'll find that the commander in March or April '62 to be
      Col. William M. Slaughter. The same Col. Slaughter is later listed as
      commander of the regiment during the battles of Fredericksburg and
      Chancellorsville.
      Tony Turner