1077Re: South Mountain wargame

  • Scott Mingus <scottmingus@yahoo.com>
    Dec 12, 2002
      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "NJ Rebel" <gerry1952@f...>
      wrote:
      > Scott,
      >
      > Which portion of the Battles for South Mountain are we viewing in
      > that image???

      Gerry,

      This view is looking north from the Lamb's Knoll region. In the
      foreground is the country lane that ran by the J. H. Beachley house
      (first house from the bottom). To the right is Old Sharpsburg Road
      (Hoffman and Martz houses). Towards the center is Fox's Gap and a
      structure to represent the Wise cabin. To the left is the road
      heading down towards Pleasant Valley (Lampert and Hutzel homesteads).
      To the north (top of the photo) runs the old mountain road towards
      Turner's Gap.

      At the extreme NE corner of the photo is the National Pike near the
      D. Beachley farm. The stone walls in this segment are defending by
      two regiments of Colquitt's Brigade.

      Everything is in 15mm scale. I use Johnny RebIII as the rules. Each
      inch of miniature terrain equals 50 yards of ground scale, each tiny
      wargaming pewter figure equals 30 armed combatants, and each game
      turn is 20 minutes of ground time.

      For more pictures of South Mountain gaming, please see my web site at
      http://www.geocities.com/scottmingus/index. Also, please sign my
      guestbook if you have time.

      regards!

      Scott