1067Re: [TalkAntietam] Digest Number 259

  • Bill and Glenna Jo Christen
    Nov 27, 2002

      > Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:43:04 -0000
      > From: "Scott Mingus" <scottmingus@...>
      > Subject: 17th Michigan
      >
      > I have read that the Stonewall Regiment lost 141 men at South
      > Mountain. Does anyone know how many men they carried into that fight
      > (or into Antietam as I can then calculate how many they had a South
      > Mountain). I've heard anywhere from 500-982 in terms of the numbe rat
      > South Mountain.

      I have already sent Scott a copy of my presentation from the past September through Harry Smeltzer. In it he can find my estimation is 720-750 as the strength before S. Mountain and 500 after Antietam.

      Bill Christen
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic