1033Re: [TalkAntietam] Youngest and Oldest Casualties

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Oct 15, 2002
      In a message dated 10/14/2002 9:24:53 PM EST, gerry1952@... writes:
      << Where there not two brothers, immigrants from Germany, who both died in
      the area of The Cornfield...who were actually in their
      sixties? But who had enlisted as being in their early forties? Maybe Tom
      Shay can help with that one............ >>

      I recall the name as being something like "Gleisen". I know I have a note on
      it somewhere and shall look for it.
      The interest in their story was due to their lying about their ages, giving
      ages much younger than they actually were.
      As to their fate at Antietam, I need to check my notes.
      Their story was mentioned by Keith Snyder during tour, so I can also check my
      videotape.

      Gerry, does your question about oldest/youngest casualties refer to only KIA?

      Tom Shay - heading to Gettysburg on Friday
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic