  • Julie Gahn
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      Just wanted to let folks know that that I'll be out at the community garden Thursday morning using a chipper to chop up the dried up lambs quarter etc. for the "brown or carbonaceous material" for our compost pile this year.  More instructions on composting will be provided in the near future.

      On Friday, David Cuttrell will be using a walk-behind tractor to create raised beds for us!

      This will involve moving compost into place two times, once for the lower layer & once for the upper layer.  If you want to see how a walk-behind tractor works, and/or to help move compost, you're welcome to come up to the community garden on Friday.

      I'm sorry for the short notice--it's just the way life is going right now!

      Hope you are all having a great spring!
      Julie

      Julie Gahn

      207-9107
      Coordinator, Tahlequah Community Garden
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TahlequahCommunityGarden/
      Liaison, First Lutheran Church & Tahlequah Farmer's Market
      http://www.firstlutherantahlequah.org/
      http://www.tahlequahfarmersmarket.com/home
      Member, Sustainable Tahlequah
      http://www.sustainabletahlequah.org/

      Also see:
      Oklahoma Food Cooperative
      http://www.oklahomafood.coop/
      Sustainable Green Country
      http://www.sustainablegreencountry.org/main/
      Oklahoma Sustainability Network
      http://www.oksustainability.org/
    • Sue Catron
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7, 2010
        Thanks for the info!  I won't be able to join you either day, but know the walk behind tractor will be a great thing.  Good luck!

        Sue

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 2010
          Would the chipper be available for the material we have collected at O Si Yo?

          Tom Lewis, BSW
          TR Lewis Consulting
          118 West Keetoowah

          Tahlequah, Oklahoma 74464