Please help recover stolen trailer and cattle panels

  • Julie Gahn
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2013
      > Our trailer, loaded with the Tahlequah Community Garden cattle panels, has been stolen from the First Lutheran Church parking lot. I figure that among us, this info could reach a big portion of Tahlequah's population. We'd appreciate any help on recovering this property.

      The trailer is a single Adel trailer, 12 ft long, wood deck, steel body painted red ( dull red and paint is peeling).

      Thanks,
      Julie
    • Julie Gahn
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2013
        Hi everyone,

        The trailer has been recovered.  It has new stories to tell & the bumps & bruises to go with them, but we are thankful to have it back as it's a sentimental connection to Dave's dad.  Many thanks to all who put the word out & helped us find it.  I think the trail goes through Denise's facebook account--so facebook isn't all bad!  :-)

        Fortunately, I have a story from the start-up phase of the community garden that helps with perspective about this situation.  When we started the garden, I put little flyers out all over town to see if anyone else was interested in the idea.  I can distinctly remember 4 people who responded.  Two were Densise LaGrand & Sue Catron, whom you all probably know from the garden.  Another was a nice man named Emad Sokhun.  His full time job is as a butcher at Reasor's, but he also has a landscaping business & a small farm.

        He loaned us this huge, awesome, Husquevarna rototiller & let me "park" it by the duplex next to the garden for weeks on end that first year that we broke ground.  I was worried because I couldn't figure out a way to lock it up, and told him that.  His response was, well, if someone needs it more than me (ie so much that they'd steal it), then I feel bad for them and so be it. (or something to that effect)

        It's always helped me keep my perspective.  God will provide.  Another friend on the Restoration Agriculture put it this way in a private email:  We plant, God provides.  We just keep on going!

        For those of you so inclined, I'd appreciate your prayers that we'd make appropriate, Spirit-filled choices about how to discipline the person who stole the trailer if we find him/her.

        Have a peace-filled night.

        Julie