Cherokee County Food Policy Council

  • Julie Gahn
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2012
      Hello local food lovers,

      Sending you a heads-up that the Cherokee County Food Policy Council is getting organized and recruiting new members.  If having a local food system from which we largely feed ourselves and import only that which we can't grow here interests you, I encourage you to at least join the Cherokee Food Policy Council.  If you're really passionate about it, I encourage you to volunteer to be on the board and/or one of the committees that will soon emerge.

      Here is the official recruiting message from the Cherokee County Food Policy Council Steering Circle, which is evolving into its first board and needs to recruit more board members:

      The board of the Cherokee County Food Policy Council is seeking community members who are passionate about access to local and healthy foods to consider serving on the board of the newly formed Cherokee County Food Policy Council. This is a volunteer job in a community-based organization whose mission is to “promote the supply and benefits of a healthy, robust, local food system”. You may send a letter of interest and your resume or background to Coleen Thornton (Co-Chair) at heavensentfoodandfiber@....

      MISSION STATEMENT:

      “The mission of the Cherokee County Food Policy Council is to promote the supply and benefits of a healthy, robust, local food system”.

      GOALS:

      The two primary goals of the Cherokee County Food Policy Council are to understand and support the development of the five sectors of the food system (production, processing, distribution, consumption and composting/recycling; And to Support the Creation of a Cherokee County and Regional Food Hub in Northeast Oklahoma.

      Sincerely,
      Julie