Reminder: Workday Tomorrow & Update

  • Julie Gahn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2012
      Hi everyone!

      The second Saturday of June is upon us; our scheduled workday starts tomorrow at 9 am.  I'm not promising to stop work by 11 am because we've got a lot to do.

      First, the plan for the rest of this year:

      Tomorrow, I'd like to move the folks who have planted in rows south of that to the northeast corner.  Then, we need to put in the south fence in the row that runs across from the 5th T-post from the south on the east side.

      Since I purchased the comfrey with my own funds, I've decided to move it to our farm.  I will nurse it there & we'll be able to take cuttings from it to start comfrey in the next community garden.

      We need a plan for the bulbs in the tree rows.

      We need homes for the remaining trees.  Tami Soto has offered to plant two pear trees in containers at Espresso 911.  I thought that would be kind of cool to demonstrate growing fruit in a container, and I think it meets the spirit of "a public place".  I'll contact Leslie Moyer, who led the fruit tree grant project for Sustainable Tahlequah & see if she thinks that would work.  Denise, I know the smallest pear tree is one you brought, so please let us know where you'd like to take that.

      The peach trees and one apple were too big for my husband & I to move.  Does anyone know someone with a backhoe???

      We'll decide these & any other remaining things Saturday morning after receiving an update on possible new locations.  (Sue has written a letter to the President, NSU to request space on NSU property & I've received two tentative offers of backyard space that we can discuss tomorrow.)

      Julie
    • Denise LaGrand