Garden update

  • Denise
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 4, 2011
      Hope everyone can make our December garden meeting this saturday

      Most of the beds have now been turned and planted with the cover crop, and this is coming up nicely, and has made it thru several light frosts. if I remember correctly - there are only three beds left to prep for planting. please do what you can to help out with this.

      I harvested dried loufa gourds, and we got a very nice crop. If anyone wants some (or seeds for next year) let me know.

      I have a nice bed I turnips from a fall planting, so let me know if you would like any.

      It is fall leaves time. Abram and I delivered 3 pickup loads to the garden last week. I know it looks like a lot now, but we can still use more. If you deliver leaves to the garden, please stack them away from the fence, as we will be taking down the chainlink panels soon (hopefully we will be getting more stock panels donated by Lowes for our permanent fence)

      Hope to see you Saturday!
    • Autumn Breezes
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 4, 2011
        Denise,
              I will be in the middle of finals week this Saturday, so I'm almost certain I won't be there.  Sorry.  If you have turnips to spare, I'd love some, but only if you have extra.

        Thank you--

        Susan

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 4, 2011
          This is a community garden workday from 9am to 11am, right?

          All,  please let me know if you're planning to donate bulbs to the community garden--I need to get some if we won't have enough.

          Thanks!

          Julie

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 6, 2011
              Yes, I'll take the hose and get it to Karen White.  You can drop it and some veggies by my house anytime.  There's a blue and white cooler by the door to put the veggies in if it's really cold.  I'm still walking since the weather is not too bad, so even though my car is in the carport, I may not be home.

              Thank you, Denise.

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 7, 2011
                Don't know if this applies to what you gals are discussing, but the newer charcol-grey and yellow hose was from me. You can leave it there for next year or I can get it.
                Tami

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 7, 2011
                  hi tami - the hose i meant is the green one i brought from home, it had a hole or two when i brought it, and now it has more. it was a cheap cheap one to begin with, so i will replace it in the spring. yours are rolled up and hanging on a T-pole and fine to stay there until needed :)

                  Denise LaGrand
                  918-931-9600

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 7, 2011
                    Actually, one of the hoses hanging is mine.  Tami, there is room in my storage shed for all three, if you'd like me to store them all for next year.  Just let me know.  I was planning to sort mine out and haul it home this weekend.

                    Sue

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
                      That is fine.