Garden update 11/04/11

  • Denise
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2011
      We have been workIng clearing beds and planting cover crop. 3 beds in the southwest corner and three in the northeast corner are done. We have also been pulling supports and tomato cages and making a stack near the alley and rolling up water tapes

      It would be nice to have assistance from all our gardeners with the following:

      Continue clearing beds so they are ready for cover crop.
      ClearIng the paths between beds down to bare dirt ready for mulching
      Removing Bermuda and other noxious weeds to the alley as you clear
      Rolling the remaining tapes and removing remaining tomato cages
      Continue to bring low-ink cardboard and other mulch materials (thanks to those of you who have been doing this)

      If the row you worked this growing season has already been cleared, we could most use your help in the two southeast rows closest to the trees and the two northeast rows closest to the alley, and all along the north fence

      And one more project for group help:

      Over the winter, I will be taking my fence panels back home to make a chicken pen, so we will need to continue efforts to get fencing materials. The Farmers Coop donated 6 stock panels for the south fence. Please volunteer to talk to managers at lowes, atwoods, tractor supply, etc and ask for donations - if each place donated 6 we could fully fence the garden with sturdy, but movable fencing.

      Once all these tasks are done - our garden will be dormant and in good shape for spring planting :)

      Julie - do we have a November work session/garden meeting scheduled?