Too many cucumbers!

  • deniselagrand
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2008
      i have an overabundance of cucumbers if anyone can use them. denise at
      931-9600
    • Julie Gahn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2008

        Hello all,

        Thought I'd reply publicly to the question below in case anyone else has a similar question:

        Members of this list are welcome to use it to connect with each other to give away or trade food.  If there's anything on Saturday morning that hasn't found a home, I'd encourage you to donate it to the Tahlequah Community Garden.  What we aren't able to sell is donated to local charities that need food. (CARE Food Pantry, Project O Si Yo, or Help in Crisis).

        As a nonprofit organization (a mission supported by First Lutheran Church) Tahlequah Community Garden is allowed to accept locally grown food donations & sell them at the Tahlequah Farmer's Market.  This seems to be working well for folks who have an overabundance of a few things, but don't want to take the time to be sellers at the market.

        Funds raised through sales from the Tahlequah Community Garden & donations will be used to start a second community garden in a different neighborhood.  Net profits beyond that will be donated to CARE Food Pantry & Mary's Blue Plate Restaurant (a no-fee restaurant being developed by Project O Si Yo.)

        Thanks!

        Julie Gahn

        Tahlequah Community Garden Coordinator

        (918) 207-9107

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2008
          Denise,

          I gave an elderly Tahlequah resident your number yesterday in regard
          to the cukes. She was very excited to meet new neighbors. Her name is
          Tami. I hope you hear from her. You will enjoy her. If you DONT hear
          from her, today or tomorrow, let me know and I will see what I can do
          about coming down to help.

          TTYL
          Dona in OK