Re: [TahlequahCommunityGarden] Work day fun

  • Sue Catron
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2011
      Good morning!  It is amazing how much progress has been made at the garden over the course of the two work days.  There is (of course) still much that needs work, but oh my goodness!  It looks great!

      I have some space for the flats, Denise.  Just give me a call when you're ready and I can meet you for the hand-off.  918 207-6379.

      Sue

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2011

        On Feb 28, 2011, at 9:32 AM, Denise wrote:

         Tami has done such a great job on the herb bed plan, and left a copy of this in the shed, so I will note on there what has been planted.

        Thank you!

        I realized when I arrived home that a few things I put on the plan would not work out well. I will attempt to get the new and hopefully final plan to the shed ASAP.

        It came to my attention that the light requirements for the strawberries might be compromised if we placed them in the center of the bed like I originally suggested. So if it is of no inconvenience, I altered the plan some to accommodate strawberries at the far East end of the first bed.

        Also I removed the Comfrey and horseradish from the herb bed, realizing that they would do better elsewhere.  Since Horseradish is a good companion for fruit (preventing rust) and comfrey (good for mulch) I suggest locating them at the South end (perhaps comfrey in the corners once we get to them. . .).

        Tami