June 5th Saturday Seminars at the Market

  • Julie Gahn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2010
      June 5th's Seminars at the Tahlequah Farmers Market include:

      9:00 am (inside) Sewing with Sally (A four-session class for 8-12 yr olds, younger if an adult accompanies the child.  Students will learn to reuse material to make a handbag. See supply list below.)
      Class 1:  Planning item size, drawing and cutting pattern and fabric pieces.
      Supply list:  +  3.5 to 4 yards of material.  You may "reuse' material, just use materials of similar weights if mixing and matching.  + box of straight pins  + tape measure  +  spool of thread (for hand-basting)  + package of needles (thimbles are optional)  + 4-5 grocery bags (for making patterns)  +  scissors  +  ruler

      10:00 am to noon (outside)  Ask the Master Gardener  drop in with your gardening questions and visit Lisa Blancher, Vice President, Nasturtium Garden Club and long-time produce grower.

      10:30 am  Cooking with Tom (a four-session series aimed at cooking with what's in season. Yum!)
      Class 1:  Spring Greens  (I talked to Tom earlier this week; he will be creative with this since the spring greens season is ending.)

      Hope to see you at the Tahlequah Farmers Market on Saturday.  It's open from 8am to noon in the parking lot of First Lutheran Church, behind Reasor's at 2111 Mahaney Ave.

      Julie Gahn
      Coordinator, Tahlequah Community Garden
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TahlequahCommunityGarden/
      Liaison, First Lutheran Church & Tahlequah Farmer's Market
      http://www.firstlutherantahlequah.org/
      http://www.tahlequahfarmersmarket.com/home
      Member, Sustainable Tahlequah
      http://www.sustainabletahlequah.org/

      Also see:
      Oklahoma Food Cooperative
      http://www.oklahomafood.coop/
      Sustainable Green Country
      http://www.sustainablegreencountry.org/main/
      Oklahoma Sustainability Network
      http://www.oksustainability.org/
    • J Carden
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2010
        Julie,
        I planned on cleaning the church tomorrow after the Farmers Market. I have not been back since bible study on weds.
        I will go to the church before 8:00 to make sure rubbish is out, toilet paper etc. Going to a yard sale at my old house tomorrow morning around 6:00. Should be at the church around 7:30 to tidy up.
        Can you believe I have not checked my email in 10 days!!!!
        Sounds like a fun day at the church. Enjoy!!

        Sent from my iPhone JOANNE CHINZI CARDEN

[...]

      • Sally Lewis
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2010
          Hi Julie,

               I just am getting around.  I'll see you a little before 9:00.

          Sally

          Tom will probably come later than that.