Re: [eGs] Mail delivery problems

  • cjoxford@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
      I've been getting mails like the one below even before yayhoo.
      CEO

      TYPEWRITERS@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > Jay, Thanks for forwarding eGroups' (not Yahoo?) explanation. This 'explains'
      the two mails with the following text in the subject lines:

      sentto-80496-4835-981003014-jmfritch=worldnet.att.net@...>

      sentto-80496-4804-980960077-jmfritch=worldnet.att.net@...>

      But here's the exact opposite. This beauty came in as "just text" with NO
      subject at all, indicating that they DO have a problem for sure:

      To: TYPEWRITERS@yahoogroups.com
      From: Jim
      Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:39:34 -0800
      Subject: Re: [TYPEWRITERS] INTERNATIONAL

      I would like one too but only 5 were sold in this area I am told. Not
      likely that we will see one. One went for a parts machine for $600.00 back when
      they were still being used a few years back. Any idea how many were sold.

      Dax

      Bill Morton wrote:

      > As a complete neophyte and absolute dummy, can someone tell me WHAT the
      > purpose of the dual keyboards on
      > this monster is? One for capitals? Two different fonts? ???
      >
      > I'm not much of a collector of typewriters, but I like the old
      > rotary/electric calculators like Fridens, Marchants, Monroes, etc. And I
      > have an "old" Xerox Memorywriter or two that were being thrown away, safely
      > hiding in my garage until I get tired of them and really do throw them
      > away. I used to have an IBM/Electromatic, years ago,
      > and even had a Friden Flexowriter, which isn't far from an
      > Electromatic! I'd like to have an IBM C Executive some day but haven't
      > seen one in years.

      > ++ Typewriter? Did anyone say typewriter? ++

      ++ Typewriter? Did anyone say typewriter? ++

      This is where that "message" ends. Neat!

      Mike