Re: Patria office typewriter

  • Will Davis
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17, 2010
      Knowing that there were interrelations between various Hermes, Japy, Beaucourt and Patria labeled machines I checked the ETP site for some backup. Look here:

      http://machinesoflovinggrace.com/ptf/Japy.html

      If you scroll down you'll see a JAPY S.18 that matches up well to your depicted PATRIA. The serial number doesn't seem to match that under your machine, which I assume to be that number in the roughly two million range on the red background. However, a look at the OMEF listing I have here shows a standard Japy S.17 running in the two million range, with the last entry given as 2,048,001 and up being 1953 machines. That's where I'd start looking to find the rest of the story here if I were you!

      -Will Davis
    • g. sommeregger
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 17, 2010
        That's fantastic Will, thanks a lot! I'll report back should I find out more.
        Georg

        --- In TYPEWRITERS@yahoogroups.com, "Will Davis" <wbd641@...> wrote:

        > Knowing that there were interrelations between various Hermes, Japy, Beaucourt and Patria labeled machines I checked the ETP site for some backup. Look here:
        >
        > http://machinesoflovinggrace.com/ptf/Japy.html
        >
        > If you scroll down you'll see a JAPY S.18 that matches up well to your depicted PATRIA. The serial number doesn't seem to match that under your machine, which I assume to be that number in the roughly two million range on the red background. However, a look at the OMEF listing I have here shows a standard Japy S.17 running in the two million range, with the last entry given as 2,048,001 and up being 1953 machines. That's where I'd start looking to find the rest of the story here if I were you!
        >
        > -Will Davis

      • Jenell Larson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 18, 2010
          One of the picture captions says that it is a rebranded Hermes Ambassador.
          Jenell

          "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."- Martin Luther King Jr.
          Sent from my iPhone
          Jenell Larson